Links that maybe able to help you with the cost of living
A bit like a foodbank but for heating and electricity. They can help when you are out of energy.
All SENDAT schools are offering breakfast to students as they arrive at school.
We try to make sure that the school lunches support growing young people, there is a choice of hot or cold food.
Please consider if your family is eligible for free school meals. See below.
Suffolk Food banks and support
Free school Meals in Suffolk
THERE IS NOW A NEW QUICK AND EASY WAY TO APPLY USING THE NEW ONLINE SYSTEM THROUGH SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK:
Is your child eligible?
Your child will be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
To check if your child is eligible, simply call 01473 26098
Free School meals in Norfolk
If your child is in Year 3 or above, you must receive one of the following benefits to get free school meals:
- Universal Credit – with an annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
You must apply for these free school meals.
Apply for free school meals
You can apply online for free school meals using your Norfolk Education Online (NEO) account. You can use the same account for 2-year-old childcare funding and school admissions.
You can also download and send us an application form