Twinkle have put together a quick top 5 tips to help SEND pupils.
1. Take time to rebuild a positive relationship with the children
2. Allow extra time for pupils to process instructions/questions
3. Give a clear visual routine for the child to follow
4. Give opportunities to talk about feelings/worries with a familiar adult
5. Praise pupils often, every small step is a considerable achievement
Have a look at these resources to help!
The current situation has been a massive change for all of us, and those with additional needs may need a little more time to get used to the systems and structures of school again.
Remember to be kind to yourself, this is different for everyone, and if you need anything at all, please contact TwinklCares, we are here to support you…
Please click the images below for anything you are interested in and you should be taken to the Twinkle site