Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child. (NSPCC)
Safeguarding the children at Stone Lodge is the responsibility of all adults who work at or visit the school site.
The Trust Safeguarding policy can be found on the main SENDAT website. Stone Lodge specific safeguarding information can be found in Appendix 2E.
Stone Lodge Academy Designated Safeguard Leads Team:
Mrs Jo Pettingale – H.O.S
Ms Claire Brickley – Senior Assistant Head Teacher
Mrs Carolyn Tynan – Lead DSL
Mrs Gilly Arbon – Pupil Welfare Officer
The DSL Team can be contacted via the school office by email or telephone
Further guidance on safe guarding children can be found on the following sites:
- Keeping children safe in education – https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/835733/Keeping_children_safe_in_education_2019.pdf
- Prevent – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prevent-duty-guidance/revised-prevent-duty-guidance-for-england-and-wales
- NSPCC – https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/safeguarding-child-protection/
- Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership – https://www.suffolkscb.org.uk/
- Safer Working Practice –