A service designed to support schools to help pupils with complex learning needs. This is a core offer paid for by the Local Authority.
The aim of the SENDAT Outreach Service is to improve outcomes for pupils with complex learning needs in mainstream schools by building capacity through facilitating training and resource development. Members of the outreach team can visit school and work with staff and students over fixed periods to develop specific skills. See more using the Outreach offer tab.
SENDAT Outreach is changing Please read......
From 1st August SENDAT outreach will become part of the new Suffolk County Council Specialist Education Services (SES). You will be aware that there is a redesign of SES in order to broaden the offer for children and young people with SEND across all schools and settings. There will be more information about this over the coming weeks and months.
The new design of SES means that services across the 4 SEND broad areas of need will work closely together to provide early intervention and support. The service we currently provide through SENDAT will form a part of this new offer.
This change will mean the following:
- Referrals for IT assessment will cease at the end of SPRING term 2021, so that there is sufficient time for the assessments to be completed.
- All new referrals to SENDAT Outreach will cease on 1st June 2021. This will ensure that the support for current referrals can be completed before the end of the summer term.
- Most on-going / open referrals will be closed by 1st June 2021 so that referrals can be made to the new service in September 2021. Please be assured however, that a transition arrangement for these open referrals will be communicated at a later stage so that pupils continue to continue to receive the support they need.
SENDAT have enjoyed working with you all over the last 5 years. The SENDAT outreach website will continue to be live and host all of the resources produced by the team over the last few years.
If you have any queries about the new service, please contact Izzy Connell: Izzy.Connell@suffolk.gov.uk
If you have any queries about the SENDAT offer until end of the Summer Term 2021 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SENDAT Outreach is commissioned by the Local Authority to provide:
- Pupils who have significant and complex learning difficulties whose needs cannot be met from within the school or setting’s local offer.
- Pupils whose significant and complex learning difficulties may compromise their placement in mainstream provision, making it difficult and sometimes challenging for the school or setting to maintain.
- Pupils with significant and complex learning difficulties who may have previously attended specialist provision and who require additional support, in order to successfully and/or maintain them in local mainstream provision Or successfully place them in provision in their home community.
- Pupils with significant and complex learning difficulties or physical difficulties who may also be Looked After Children [LAC] or in receipt of Pupil Premium funding.
- Pupils who have significant and complex communication difficulties that require an ICT assessment to enable access to the curriculum when their needs cannot be met from within the school or settings local offer.
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk. IP32 6BB