A service designed to support schools to help pupils with complex learning needs. This is a core offer paid for by the Local Authority.
The aim of the SENDAT Outreach Service is to improve outcomes for pupils with complex learning needs in mainstream schools by building capacity through facilitating training and resource development. Members of the outreach team can visit school and work with staff and students over fixed periods to develop specific skills. See more using the Outreach offer tab.
SENDAT Outreach is commissioned by the Local Authority to provide:
- Pupils who have significant and complex learning difficulties whose needs cannot be met from within the school or setting’s local offer.
- Pupils whose significant and complex learning difficulties may compromise their placement in mainstream provision, making it difficult and sometimes challenging for the school or setting to maintain.
- Pupils with significant and complex learning difficulties who may have previously attended specialist provision and who require additional support, in order to successfully and/or maintain them in local mainstream provision Or successfully place them in provision in their home community.
- Pupils with significant and complex learning difficulties or physical difficulties who may also be Looked After Children [LAC] or in receipt of Pupil Premium funding.
- Pupils who have significant and complex communication difficulties that require an ICT assessment to enable access to the curriculum when their needs cannot be met from within the school or settings local offer.
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk. IP32 6BB
+44 (0)1284 717872