Hi, we offer this page to help with some of your technology issues and connection problems......... So far we have: - Using Xbox, PlayStation, Fire Stick, -Setting up a school laptop - using Teams for annual reviews - getting more help - logging into office 365 - Using purple mash using teams for lessons Please scroll down
We use Microsoft teams for remote learning. Normally accessed via a laptop or pc it is however browser based. Given that most games consoles have browsers you can access on PS4 PS5 Xbox, Smart TV and Firestick with a compatible web browser, You don't need a keyboard or a mouse just a controller.
- Go into my games and apps
- Find Microsoft edge and select
- Type in: Microsoft Teams and login as you would in school
- You can then access your work through teams and one drive and use key packages including: Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and your emails. To move around use the controller or plug in a mouse.
- Identify the PlayStation internet browser icon ( it is WWW with dots around it)
- Press the PS4 logo on the controller
- Go to the library and find options for games and applications and you will find the internet browser
- Type in: Microsoft Teams and log in as you would in school.
- You can then access your work through teams and one drive and use key packages including: Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and your emails.
- To move around use the controller or plug in a mouse.
Firestick and Smart TV
- Identify the internet browser icon (it is normally either internet explorer a large E or Google Chrome)
- Go to the library and find options for applications and you will find the internet browser
- Type in: Microsoft Teams and log in as you would in school
- You can then access your work through teams and one drive and use key packages including: Word,Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and your emails
- To move around use the remote or plug in a mouse.
Logging onto a school laptop.
All school laptops use a system by Microsoft called azure to login securely.
- Firstly make sure you have an email address and password provided by the school.
- The laptop must be connected to the internet.
- At the logon screen look to the bottom right hand corner, you are looking for the Wifi Icon.
4. Click on the wifi icon
5. you should see a black box and your wifi should be listed in this. Click on your wifi and enter the password.
6. You should now be able to logon using the school email address and password.
Annual Reviews on Teams
Many Thanks to Mrs Paris (one of Admissions and Review Officers) for a helpful video for help getting onto teams for an Annual review.
Accessing technology support from school
If you are struggling please tell your class teacher as they can report this on your behalf.
You can also email out IT support. Please note that it may take a few days to get back to you. If you are emailing please give as much detail as possible. if it is a school laptop please tell us the laptop number and serial number as well as as much information as possible about the problem you are having.
The email address is ITsupportgroup@sendat.academy this email address is the same for all schools.
Are your Children working off Mobile data?
If you have children using mobile data to access remote learning you may be eligible for an unlimited data upgrade.