SENDAT recognises the importance of securing a place for all our students in the community once they finish compulsory education at 18. To do this we use the Moving Into Adulthood plans, work experience and professional advice an guidance.
We aim to meet the Gatsby benchmarks for good Career Guidance. This ensures that all students and their families can make confident, well-informed choices for fulfilling futures as they enter adulthood.
Our Guidance document is available further down this page.
Useful Links for Employers, parents, teachers and students are at the bottom of the page, please scroll down.
All students in years 8-13 at SENDAT Academy are entitled to;
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities as part of their careers programme which provides information on a full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer – through options evenings, assemblies, group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic, vocational and technical courses.
A provider wishing to request access Shirley Dixon, Community Employment and Engagement Officer
Telephone: 01284 761934 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for access
A number of events integrated into the careers education that is delivered at SENDAT Academy will offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to students and/or their parents/carers. Providers are very welcome to attend Parents evenings, transition evenings and college application evenings.
Premises and facilities
The Academy will provide a space for discussions between the provider and the students as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available any technical equipment to support provider presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature at the Reception.
All providers must adhere to our safeguarding policies and all visits must not impact on the day-to-day organisation of the academy in a way that is detrimental to the needs of the children and young people.
Links to useful documents
The websites listed below are specifically aimed at parents, carers and guardians and provide a wealth of useful information:
We strive to provide our students with encounters of the workplace and employers. If you would like to promote opportunities such as: Volunteer Work, Employability workshops or other opportunities for our students to get involved in, please contact: Shirley Dixon – email@example.com 01284 761934
These are useful resources which can be used to apply careers within lessons:
- Careers and Coffee: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRnKexbbDeeAJ6Kobx0P_BQg22dBxI16u
- CEC resource section: https://resources.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
- Talentino: https://www.talentinocareers.co.uk/sen.html
- UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/which-for-teachers/help-your-students-get-into-uni/careers-advice-and-guidance-activities-to-support-students-with-send
Useful website links for Students
The National Careers Service – https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/