The bursary is often quite difficult to be eligible for. This is quoted from the guidance
- The Student is in or recently left local authority care
- The student gets Income Support or Universal Credit because they are financially supporting themselves (so this would be in the students own name)
- The Student gets Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in the students name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
- The student gets Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in the students name and either ESA or Universal Credit
If you are Eligible the money is paid to the school and can be used to help with things like:
- Large School trips including the Wales trip
- School meals
- Fund Specialist careers/work experience advice
- Support the purchase of ingredients for life and living skills.
- Fund individual interventions as needed.
- Fund bespoke transport arrangements where appropriate. For example if studying part of the
time at a different school.
- other one off costs
The School gets a small amount of money for all post 16 students. This is used to provide laptops and local trips to all post 16 students.